Saturday 1 August 2009

Simba

Simba is 16 years old and my landladys cat. Whilst practising the piano for tomorrow morning in church, the cat jumped up and started nudging my with his nose. He is quite big and I am quite ticklish so this was quite distracting.

These events might not seem that strange to cat people out there. However, this is REALLY UNUSUAL!! He keeps himself to himself usually and only rubs my legs occasionally if he wants feeding. His bowl was full of food today and I'm actually slightly worried about him because of this outburst of affection. He is very arthritic and mid-nudge he kept twitching and I wondered if he was simply craving care!

I wrote this note for my landlady




I'm trying to play this Simba!


Simba did give me an idea for my Major project - as I was playing he seemed to be listening to the music and responding! Which reminded me of this music video i love, by bens fold. It seems that there is a chimp with marital problems who comes in and helps Ben and his band set up the piano in the studio. You then watch the chimp listen to Bens playing as he sits on the sofa.
Maybe I could have a cat respond to the piano playing in my music video (MA major project)!
Other exciting news - I start working in Jessops Tuesday morning. More excitingly for me I researched Gary Powell today - he our new is external examiner for our final projects. I'm quite overwhelmed because he seems to be an artist interested in the very same kind of issues and visuals that I love and also seems to be a Christian writing openly about his faith e.g. here:

http://domain742622.sites.fasthosts.com/faith2/gpcontact.html

I'm more motivated to work hard now because I feel like were singing from the same hymn sheet & I kind of dont want to let him down with shoddy results! He works in similar painterly aesthetics and I imagine will be more critical because of the similarities. Yelp!

I smell of old cat now (he drools and malts at once)!

1 comment:

  1. mystery solved, he doesn't like duck and pea flavour whiskas, prefering beef.

    ReplyDelete