Thursday 23 July 2009

draw pictures, it's easy!

Having come to what feels like a total inspiration standstill, I spent the last half hour trailing the net for some inspiring words on drawing, which I could then post on here as my manifesto for the day. But I just found visuals, and a good music video. lots of amazing artworks on the net, that intimidate me more than please me! Oh no.

At last I found something in an advert for a site which helps you make your own ecard 'draw pictures, it's easy'. Great, thanks.

I have a brain of my own...Surely the masters of the past have something to say on this. I seem to remember that Goya spent a lot of time inside his house, going mad creating things and Leonardo had some good quotes.

Goya: 'Fantasy, abandoned by reason, produce impossible monsters; united with it, she is the mother of the arts and the origin of marvels' Thats kind of warning me away from the abandoned stream of consciousness drawing I was about to embark upon in a bid to keep light and inspired. Hmmm.

Leonardo:'He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast.' Kind of similar to Goyas warning. Ok I won't do that.

Leonardo: 'A well-spent day brings happy sleep.' I really do want to spend it well.

'As every divided kingdom falls, so every mind divided between many studies confounds and saps itself. ' True! I'll focus on one thing at a time then, really I'll try. Thanks fellas!

No comments:

Post a Comment