Tuesday 21 July 2009

Old people in love

Aren't old people in love great?

I think about this a lot!

Johnny & June (RIP), my parents, older couples in church.

A South Korean guy told me recently that it is unusual in his country for old married couples to hold hands and in church he was really moved to see older couples show affection to one another.

I don't think these couples realise the impact and positive influence they have on younger people. Just by being in a successful loving relationship they give out a message of hope to the world.

1 comment:

  1. From Ben Folds Five 'the luckiest':

    Next door, there’s an old man who lived to his nineties. And one day passed away in his sleep, and his wife, she stayed around for a couple of days and passed away.

    I’m sorry, I know that’s a strange way to tell you that I know we belong, that I know, that I am, I am, I am, the luckiest

    ReplyDelete