Wednesday 22 July 2009

Remembering Provision

Two years ago, a friend and I visited Tuscany for a week staying in various youth hostels. We visited Pistoia (where pistols got their name), knowing nothing about the artist Marino Marini. We went to see the Marino Marini museum there. What a find that was!

A few days later we visited Florence, so I took the opportunity to visit the twin Marino Marini museum there an Italian newspaper seller was most happy when I asked for directions to it. Seeing I was British his eyes lit up and he most enthusiastically told me how much Italians love this Tuscan born artist. How lovely!

Anyway, the point of this is that a few days ago I visited Kingston University arts library and, strangely, there is a shelf of withdrawn books at the entrance which you can help yourself to. Imagine my happiness to find a large hardback thames and hudson book of the complete paintings and drawings of.... Marino Marini. I've spent £60 befoore on an artists book of this depth.

It is good to remember times like this when your desires are satisfied with good things (psalm 103) and when God provides you with more and above than what you expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment