Wednesday 29 July 2009

Green Pen

Today I had a job interview at Jessops, to be a sales assistant at 12 hours per week. I figure this will be manageable whilst completing my studies and will give me some small job comfort about the future months, and bolster my confidence to get other work. Jessops have a good customer care reputation and I always want to improve my people skills.

The manager was extremely lovely. He told me that he had drawn a star on my CV because I had been friendly to speak to on the phone. He handed me a flourescent green marker pen and asked me to sell it to him. Afterwards he said that he would have bought the pen. Well he already had technically. Regardless of whether I get the job, I'm thankful that maybe I have some potential to sell green pens.

1 comment:

  1. The classic is getting the interviewee to sell a paper clip. I have always wanted to do that, but I've never been asked.

    ReplyDelete