Monday 27 July 2009

Lone working

Bridget Stott " A good animator is adaptable - you need to be able to combine the intense process needed to produce good work on your own for several days with an ability to be part of a production team during filming."

I'm playing the piano a lot, cooking, worrying about boys, washing umbrellas, removing stains from clothes I wont wear again anyway and playing with the cat. I'm not working on my project. I'm struggling with lone working! Part of the attraction of animation for me was the opportunity to work in a team on something creative and exciting. And I have created and can create teamworking opportunies if I am strong and decisive. But the quote above has encouraged me to stop using this as an excuse to not get on with the work and creative decisions I need to make alone. Lone working came much easier when I was a teenager, and could through my work prove something to the world... "I can do it alone, ha!" The challenge I have now is more worthwhile taking serious, I want to work hard to reflect and glorify God, not to prove something for myself. As I aspire to work in teams, the fruit of my work will be looked and weighed by people around me.


I was reading about the wise woman of Proverbs 31 today, actually I'm corrected looking at it again, the woman most definetely is a 'wife', ha! I'm not one of them so maybe I can let myself off a bit?!... hmm probably not as I'm part of Christs bride the church anyway... are men as challenged by this chapter?

Proverbs 31verse 16 "she considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigourously; her arms are strong for her tasks''. She is one cool lady, of noble charachter, she seems to consider things then make her decision, and work hard.

2 comments:

  1. Alas, the Pro 31 women is a prospective wife! -the ideal that Solomon's mother tells him to look for. This means it is indeed you and I, but it is an image of a perfect woman so obviously no one is exactly like this, it's something for us to aspire to. Pete says cleaning the toilet is never so attractive as when he is supposed to be writing a sermon.

    Our society has this concept of 'discipline' wer by we say people are either disciplined or they procrastinate. But with me it usually boils down to whether I am working hard or choosing to be distracted by other things (facebook and housework!) and thereby being lazy by avoiding what I should be doing. Blogs are good because I can read what people say I'm not trapped into having a full instant message conversation with them. More like reading a letter from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh you are right, or some other kings mother. Alas indeed... ha ha!

    Ah yes but talking to you on facebook was the best thing about it!

    ReplyDelete