Sunday 12 July 2009

Drawn

I've been listening to Genes album 'Drawn to the deep end'


The songs reminded me of being a student getting baptised in April 2002, and listening to this album in the messy, shared halls of residences, singing along loudly to it as a kind of personal song to God! Perhaps a little strange but worth remembering.


A picture of my baptism....


Yesterday I went with my mum to a CFAN preaching by Daniel Kolenda, based on John 2 wedding at Canaan and Marys request for Jesus' miracle.
The point was that we can draw on the power that is in Jesus. In the same way that we can have irresistable faith in our friends or family or pastor and in so doing can draw out wonderful gifts and abilities from them, by having faith in Jesus we can draw out power from Him, as he is our best friend anyway. But then you have to be obedient, and respond to Jesus in action.


No comments:

Post a Comment